The Science society of Marshaghai college came in to being in the year 1993. All the staff and students of +2 and +3 sc. Departments are the bonafide members of society.
The Executive committee comprises:
- The president:-Principal (Ex-Officio)
- The Vice-President and two associate vice presidents :Nominated by the principal from among the Science faculty.
- Secretary:- Elected from the +3 Sc. Students
- The Asst. Secretary;-Elected form the +3 students
- Class Representative:-One each from science class to be elected by the students of that particular class.
A) To organize Annual functions of the society.
B) To conduct experiments , seminars and tours on various topics.
C) To organize competitions on scientifical topics.
REPORT OF SCIENCE SOCIETY IN 2019-20
ANNUAL REPORT ON THE ACTIVITIES OF SCIENCE SOCIETY MARSHAGHAI COLLEGE, MARSHAGHAI, FOR THE SESSION 2019-20
Science society, Marshaghai college consists of the following office members.
President:-Dr. Amiya Kumar Jena, Principal
Vice President:- Mrs. Anupama Das, Reader in Physics
Mr. Govind Ch Behera, Sr. Lect. in zoology
Mr. Deepak Ku. Das, Lect. in Chemistry
Mr. Lalit Narayan Das, Lect. in Statistics
Mrs Kanchan Sahoo, Lect. in Mathematics
Miss. Subhadra Subhadarshini , Lect. in Botany
The society conducted competitions on General Knowledge and debate among science students in the month of November 2019. The following students were declared winners in the competition.
- Ipsita Beura
- Biswarupa Panda
- Janmejay swain
- Bibekananda Mohapatra
- Sushree Kunmun Nayak
- Uaya parida
- Bikram Mallik
The prize giving ceremony was organized in the month of March on 02.03.2020.